Hi Bradley,

In the SASS world this problem was solved by writing the compiled assets to
the tmp directory and then modifying rack to serve the assets from there.
You can check it out here:

http://github.com/Papipo/hassle

<http://github.com/Papipo/hassle>Another really cool solution would be to
modify your asset packager to write the files to S3, and then redirect the
requests to JS and CSS files appropriately.

Matt

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Bradley <bradleyrobert...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Safari crashed on my while posting this the first time so I hope it's
> not a dup.
>
> I'm just wondering what people are using for packaging/minifying
> static assets on heroku.  I just finished a project using Jammit which
> worked amazingly well, but Heroku's read-only filesystem would make
> the standard Jammit setup not work.  Also with a git deploy, from what
> I understand, if I pre-packaged these assets, I'd then need to add
> them into the repo, which is not really desirable.
>
> Has anyone used Jammit successfully on Heroku or do you have any other
> packing solutions for static assets?

Matthew Soldo
Heroku, Inc

(415) 323-0003